Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 41







Thirteen Fortunes We've Recently Received in Fortune Cookies



  1. Every important call is a close one.


  2. Think of the danger while things are going smoothly.


  3. It's a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to the waiter.


  4. You will travel to exotic places on your next trip.  (I hope not!  We were just planning on Florida!)


  5. Discipline is wisdom and vice versa.


  6. Your mind is filled with new ideas.


  7. Genius does what it must and talent does what it can.


  8. Generosity will repay itself sooner than you imagine.


  9. Under all that we think lives all we believe.


  10. Choose your own path.


  11. We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give.


  12. The good old days were once present too.


  13. (This is my favorite...David--one of our twins--got it and we laughed and laughed because it is definitely the twins' credo.)  In unity there is strength.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


8 comments:

Caylynn said...

Fun list! Fortune cookies can be so silly. Thanks for the grins. :)

Happy T13. :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

what a fun idea for TT! Happy TT!

Annie said...

I love fortune cookies!!! And some of those are really good!

Happy TT!

Mercy's Maid said...

I can't read a fortune without tacking "in bed" to the end of it. It can turn any fortune into something funny. But maybe I'm just easily amused.

Raggedy said...

Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

Dear Lori,

Hello! I was typing away on my blog and posting a picture of the Eastern European Casserole I made today and thinking of you. I hope you are doing well, I really do. I think of you often and wish I could see you again. You have been such a blessing to me over the past year and a half or so since I first found your blog. :) So, I just wanted to let you know how much you are cared for today, by Him and your friend, Robin.

Warmly, Robin

Anonymous said...

I would love to get a job as a fortune cookie writer. Really enjoyed your TT. Your list made me smile.

My TT is up too - all about writing & life.

Lady G~ said...

Very creative TT list. I wonder who's job it is to come up with these "fortunes".

I think if I had twins, the last one would seem kinda of funny and true too. :o)