Saturday, April 28, 2007

Adventures in Fiber

Friend Gina and I are headed out to the Fiber Festival today.  While I have been to many a quilt show, I've not been to a Fiber Festival.  It should be fun.  I'm a little nervous because I still get a bit overwhelmed around a lot of yarn but I'll take pictures and perhaps that will alleviate some of my nervousness.


Here are the answers to the Thursday quiz:


1.  From one of the Star Wars movies, I forget which (not having that remembering gene and all).  Contrary to what Sarah claims on her explanation of my Thursday Thirteen, I use it more for myself than for the children.  Example:  Friend Husband and I will be discussing who is going to be doing some heinous task and I'll sigh and say, "It is...my destiny."  'Nuff said.



2.  I got a lot of comments about this being from An American Werewolf in London.  Maybe it's in there too, but I've never seen that movie.  This one is from Wallace and Grommit's Curse of the Were-Rabbit, a cultural icon if ever I saw one.




3.  Friend Husband and I saw Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure at a formative time in our relationship; hence, we quote it.  A lot.  And we got the girls to watch it, thus ensuring that it will go on and on and on.  Numbers 3, 6 & 11 are from Bill & Ted.  We did, in fact, come up with enough lines for an entire TT, and aren't you glad we didn't subject you to that?



4.  The Cutting Edge.  It's spoken in "caveman" type talk which makes it even funnier.  Since Friend Husband's given name is Doug (you didn't honestly think that everyone calls him Friend Husband, did you?), we find it particularly hilarious.



5.  Ah, yes.  Another film seen at a formative stage in our relationship, Say Anything.  I had no idea until I was doing research for this TT that it was such a cult classic and cultural icon.  Numbers 5 & 9 are from SA.  And there will be a TT in the future with only SA lines.  I'm just warning y'all.



7 and 13 are, of course, from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  Specifically, 7 is from Return of the King and 13 is from Fellowship of the Ring.  We use them frequently and hilariously, to us anyway (remember that we're the tired parents of 5, including 2 year-old toddler twins).  Example:  "There may come a time in the world of K---(our last name) when we go out for ice cream at Graeter's...but it is not this day!"  or "There may come a time in the world of twins when they do not do (insert whatever annoying/heinous/dangerous thing they've done that day), but it is not this day!"  Yeah, well, maybe you had to be there.



8.  Of course, The Terminator.


10.  This was from one of the Star Trek movies, the one where they go back in time to save the whales.  Sarah probably knows.  I sure don't.


12.  I cannot believe that no one caught this line from Gone With The Wind.  It's on all the trailers even.  Tsk tsk.


Ok, gotta caffeine up for the Fiber Festival...have a great weekend!

No comments: