Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Performance Night

schoolhouse rock live


The biggest girls are involved in a production of Schoolhouse Rock Jr. Live tonight.  It kind of snuck up on me.  This is more of an ensemble piece than the one they did last year, so we don't have intensive practicing.  I hope it goes ok.  I heard the dress rehearsal was awful so I guess that bodes well for the performance.   


It was a lot of fun to practice the songs with the girls all these months.  What child of the 70's doesn't remember and yes, cherish their memories of sitting in front of the television on Saturday mornings watching cartoons interspersed with Schoolhouse Rock?  I remember being assigned to learn the Preamble to the Constitution in 5th grade.  I didn't sweat it much because I knew it from Schoolhouse Rock.  So did every other child in the class.  When it came time to recite, not a one of us could just recite it, we all sang it with the rocky inflections we'd learned from Schoolhouse Rock.  At first, Mrs. Child was not amused, but as student after student after student sang her the Preamble to the Constitution, she started to laugh out loud.


Sarah has the biggest role in this one, playing the teacher Ms. Tara Mizer.  Rachel has a couple of solos and Abby is playing Sacagawea.  Should be a night of much picture taking.


So, if y'all're in the area and want to attend, the performance starts at 7 at the church building where they've been taking the lessons.  If you want further information, e-mail me or message.  See y'all!


schoolhouse rock


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
I've been meaning to stop by and say thank you for the first comment you left :), but I haven't been able to do very much. I am starting to feel a bit better and look forward to blog reading again :) Thank you for the copyright suggestion.