There are those of you who will understand why I posted this picture. For the rest of you, it's probably best that you don't ask. Or even think about it all that much. 'Nuff said.
Today's Thursday Thirteen comes to you, courtesy of 12/10. Let me 'splain. Once upon a time, many years ago (13, to be precise), I suffered a pregnancy loss. I think I've mentioned in passing that it slaps me upside the head every year, both at the time during the year that I lost the baby and at the time of the year when it was due. Which would be now. I don't even think about it until I'm having trouble getting through the day, feeling bogged down, for no good reason at all. I'll look at the calendar and it'll hit me. "Oh. It's the miscarriage/due date." And it all makes sense then.
Over the past few years, the fog has been less dense, for which I'm thankful. I produce enough fog of my very own without being depressed about having a pregnancy end 13 years ago. I don't think I'll ever forget, but it's nice not to have it club me over the head.
Monday night (that would be 12/10), I was be-bopping through the kitchen, making supper and minding my own business when I looked at the calendar that's in my window. Bam! I noticed that it was 12/10. I also noticed that I hadn't had a bog-down, fog-out session this year. Wowza! That put an extra spring in my step, let me tell you. Again, not that I want to forget, but I really don't need to lose any more time in my life due to being too depressed to move.
So yesterday was not a good day. David was determined to find out exactly how far he could push me before volcanic activity erupted. I refused to be volcanic, but let's just say that David spent a considerable amount of time restricted to his bed yesterday. And he received more than a few
spankings corrective measures to his hindal region. I just hate days like that. I feel more like a warden than a mother. And it gets me down, man. So I was all funky last night while I was attempting to conjure up a TT for today.
(I'll bet by now that you wish I'd just let it go and did a TT next week!)
I came up with thinking about things that make me happy and bring light to my world. So, without further ado, here we go!
1. Freshly washed children.
2. Freshly baked bread, pastries, whatever. Yeah, freshly baked sounds good.
3. Time with other women. Friend Husband calls this my "gal-pal" time, which, in another era of my life would have earned him the sobriquet of "Pig!" but now I just nod graciously, grab the car keys, and bail. Tonight, I get to go knit with Friend Gina. I've been looking forward to it for two weeks.
4. Singing with Sarah and Rachel. Over time we've developed a lovely little trio and we sing while we're working, while we're driving around, whenever we get a chance. It's just too fun. Of course, I'm the one who sings off-key, so I don't know if it's as fun for the girls, but they at least tolerate me.
5. Reading a gripping book.
6. Teaching the children, especially history, which is one of my favorite things in life.
7. Snuggling with my honey and just chatting. He's such a nice boy.
8. Knitting & quilting.
9. Having an uninterrupted block of time in which to work.
11. Gardening, especially growing herbs and perennials.
12. Laughing at the ludicrous or just bizarre things I come across.
13. Writing. I've enjoyed it since I was a wee lass and it still soothes me and makes me sigh with contentment.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants