Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Errata

I think I erred on Friday when I put up my response to the Illustration Friday prompt:  Plain.  I was attempting to use something that I actually had and digitalize it for the response because I don't have the talent or the time to actually draw or illustrate something in the traditional way.  It was my first and last attempt at doing Illustration Friday.  I just don't have the time or inclination to do it again.


But I will tell you about the quilt.  This is a wallhanging that I made for my late, great mil.  It is in the Amish style, no printed fabrics and is quilted by hand in black thread.  I almost went blind quilting that dumb thing.  Anyway, it hangs in our dining room behind the samovar that is Friend Husband's family heirloom.  Here is what it looks like without my digital changes:


Amish quilt


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very good work on the quilting.