We have the latch to Lucy's tie-out taped shut because Lucy being Lucy, she finds a way to break off it at all times. Last night, of course, it was cold and we couldn't get the tape off the latch to get her into the garage. Dealing with Lucy requires great imagination and teamwork anyway because she has a tendency to run off given any opportunity. Finally, Friend Husband took out his knife and started peeling away at the layers of tape but even that wasn't progressing fast enough. Being the proponent of the "brute force method" that I am, I finally just took her collar off, told him to open the door to the garage and carried her in there. It apparently had not occurred to Friend Husband to try that. You should have seen the look on his face!
David seems to be having a pretty bad relapse of his nephrotic syndrome. It isn't responding to the increased dosage of steroid like we had hoped and today his eyelids are almost puffed shut. If/when he gets back down to an acceptable level of protein spillage, we have to go back in to Children's and get him put on a second-line medication to help the problem. I had hoped that it wouldn't progress to that point but there we are. In the meantime, he's gained 4 pounds in a couple of days. And the increased dosage of steroids makes him mean and hyper. He was up wandering around the house at 4:30 this morning.
So, here are some memes. I have to go up and bake now. Party's at my house this afternoon!
In honor of Valentine's Day this week:
What is the most romantic movie that you've ever seen? Probably The Cutting Edge. Of course, I don't watch a lot of movies, so that could explain a lot.
If you could be the lover of any person alive other than your current lover, who would you pick? None. I'm not a "lover" sort of a person. I'm more of a "wife" sort of a person and I certainly couldn't imagine being married to anyone other than Friend Husband.
What scents remind you of a loved one? Well, I guess the scent of that person. Friend Husband smells sort of like water. Hard to explain, I guess. His personal scent is very fresh. I've already mentioned that my oldest daughter sometimes smells like my mother, which is weird yet comforting. Sometimes I'll catch a whiff of a perfume like the ones my mom used to wear and that reminds me of her. The smell of buttered hot rice and brown bread remind me of my grandmother.
Question of the Week:
And the Question of the Week is…
What is something memorable that you experienced as a child or teenager that your children will probably never get to experience?
There are a lot of interesting comments about this at the actual site. For me, it was being able to roam the neighborhood all day without checking in. I can't tell you what a sense of freedom that gave me (and probably my brother as well). We also spent months in the summer at my grandmother's house in the small town of Brady, where we could roam at will. My children will never spend months with their grandparents.Curious as a Cat
1) If you could know the location (i.e., heaven, hell, other) of any one person's soul, whose would you ask about?
2) When was the last time you literally screamed at the top of your lungs? I actually do that on a regular basis. Yesterday, Keziah was carrying around this giant rubber snake that is very realistic. To amuse her, I faked a freak-out. It was quite satisfying. I also scream when people startle me. Just ask Friend Husband.
3) What do you think is the most beautiful word in the English language? The least beautiful? Oh boy, this is tough. It's hard to separate the loveliness of the sound of the word and the connotation.
4) What is the most cowardly thing you've ever done? I've been pretty timid of late and let Friend Husband take care of issues dealing with the outside world. I guess that's cowardly but not quite craven.
5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
What first comes to mind is "Oh, that looks warm...I need to hold my icy hands near it!"
I guess that's it...not too many Monday memes. Happy Monday, everyone!