Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hello out there...part 2

Well, I'll tell you...it's been quite a month. So let's start again.

In addition to my bronchitis, David developed pneumonia, which has sent us on many trips to the Children's Hospital ER (downtown) and to our own doctor's office. He has been on two separate antibiotics, steroids, inhalers, etc. It's been quite the trip. They gave him copies of his lung x-rays and he's been showing them to anyone who will look. And to a few people who really wouldn't want to.

And our computer died. Or was hastened in its demise. Remember that it started acting strangely in February, which resulted in my having to redo everything at that time. Well, it was slowing down and it distressed my 14-year-old that the sound had gone in February's crash. So one of the young men from church came over to try to do the "quick fix" on it, which should have resulted in its recovery. Unfortunately, it did not work for him and he left, grumbling about another fix. After another 2 weeks, he said that he had a newly-built computer for us. We just had to switch out the hard drives and we'd be in business. Ok. So he didn't have time to do that and asked another unfortunate young man from our congregation to come do the honors. Unfortunately, there was some hardware issue which prevented that from happening. In the meantime, our computer was in pieces in two or three different rooms.

Yes, we were in withdrawal, big time.

James came over on Thursday night and completed the "brain transplant" plus all the other stuff that seemed to need to be done and we have a "new" computer. And it has sound! And I have had precious little ability to get on it because Rachel and Abby have been on it. And they said *I* was obsessed!

And I've been sleeping a lot, trying to feel better. I did feel better yesterday when I got up, but then Sarah, the twins, Lucy the Wonder Dog, and I all got caught in the cold wind and rain yesterday and I felt horrible again. This morning I did feel well again, so I'm hoping that I am finally on the mend.

I'm trying to think what else has been going on. Oh yes, we finally got a Wii. We have all been enjoying it greatly. It gives us some ability to move & work on various things plus the twins can use it with only a little bit of help from us. As Friend Husband is wont to say, it's better than sitting in front of the computer or tv with your mouth open, doing nothing.

Now I need to finish hooking up all of the other goodies (scanner, printer, etc.) and pretend like all is as it was before. The older I get, the less I desire to do things involving effort. Maybe I'm just lazy, I don't know.

So I wish you all the peace and joy of the holidays. If our computer system holds up, I hope to do a year-end book review. I've been writing down the title of every book I read this year plus a number of stars based on how much I liked it. Friend Husband was amazed. As of this morning, I had read 106 books. I have one which is almost finished, so that number will change some. Anyway, I hope all my technology does not crash and burn but if you don't hear from me, you might assume that it did.

(Oh, and if you sent me an e-mail in the last month or so, it's probably gone...sorry!)

OH! I knew there was something else I wanted to mention and here it is: I've joined Postcrossing (Postcrossing.com). It's a site where you send postcards to people and receive postcards. Very fun. Thus far I have received two postcards from the US and one from Spain and I've sent one or two to the US and a few overseas. I thought a few of you might find it fun. TaTa!

No comments: