Thursday Thirteen # 27
Thirteen Things we're having for Thanksgiving dinner
1. Because I love myself, we're not having turkey.
2. Because I love my husband, we're having vindaloo.
3. Because I love my children (especially the ones who can talk and therefore complain), we're having sweet potato casserole.
4. Because I love my twins and want to continue to celebrate their heritage (and because I like the food), we're having 2 different kinds of vegetarian wat.
5. Because it's tradition (and again, because the Big Girls will complain mightily and loudly), we're having pumpkin pie.
6. Because it's tradition and because it always makes me think (and positively) about my mother and her family, we're having pecan pie. This may be the last year that we're able to have pecan pie made from pecans that we "harvested" from my grandmother's front yard in beautiful Brady, Texas.
7. Because I love and need my veggies, we're having curried cauliflower.
8. Ditto Indian green beans.
9. Ditto hot broccoli.
10. Because my family consists of many carb addicts, we will also be having naan.
11. Because my beloved brother, sil, and nieces have never had it, I will, again, attempt to make injera. I've only made it once that it was any good and all the rest of the times, it was just a mess.
12. I might even make biryani.
13. Because of all of the yummy above food, we'll be making scads of rice, probably basmati.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants