I have long been pressing Friend Husband to help me figure out what sort of talents I have. For one thing, it helps the old ego to think you're good at something, especially if it's something cool. So far that hasn't happened. But today, as I was yet again bemoaning the fact that I have no useful talents, one popped up (see #2 below). When Friend Husband pointed out that that was a talent that I had that he certainly didn't have, I paused. Yes, that is sort of a talent. But then I wailed, "I want a glamorous talent!" Alas, while I came up with many unglam talents that I possess, I came up with not one glitzy one. Here are 13 of the other variety.
2. Cutting Albustix in half. These things are way more expensive than they should be and we have to use them to test David's urine for protein spillage. The nurse at the clinic told me to cut them in half so we'd have double the amount. Friend Husband was gobsmacked that I had the ability to slice those things in half (they're about 1/4" wide and 2 1/2" long).
3. Spelling (without the aid of spell check).
4. Feeding people.
5. Being grumpy.
6. Talking on the phone while doing various other things (dipping urine, cleaning, bandaging bloody appendages presented to me)
7. Devising laundry lines out of unexpected materials (phone lines, trees, basketball goals).
8. Remembering random details that people have told me about their lives.
9. Predicting which leftovers container is the right size for the job.
10. Clipping dog toenails.
11. Getting enthused over things like sunsets, spider webs, flowers, historical epochs, amazing feats, people...
12. Threading needles (and/or picking up dropped stitches) in a moving vehicle.
13. Seeing humor in things that otherwise would make me scream.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants