Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Frivvies

Friday's Feast


Appetizer
Say there’s a book written about your life. Who would you want to narrate the audio version?  Good grief, I have no clue.  Emma Thompson?


Soup
Take the letters from your favorite kind of nut and write a sentence. (Example: Perhaps every avenue needs understanding today.)  People eagerly canoodle at night.


Salad
If you could go back in time and spend one week in another decade, which decade would you choose?  Wow, the choices!  Part of me would like to go back to the week inclusive of the Battle of Bunker Hill (around 6/17/1775) and stand atop Penn's Hill with Abigail and John Quincy Adams to watch it.  Part of me would choose a week traveling with Jesus and the disciples.  Part of me would like to enjoy a week at the end of one of my pregnancies, probably the one with Abigail, because my life in general was so happy as opposed to when I was pregnant with Sarah and Rachel.  But perhaps I'd select the week in August 1997 when I visited my late, great mil's friends in Boston, went on a walking tour of Boston with an actress in role as Abigail Adams, went to Salem (and the House of Seven Gables), went to Braintree and the Adams Historical Site, ate unbelievably good pasta with garlic and shrimp, and went to Plimouth Plantation.  I think I was only there 2 ½ days but it was wonderful!


Main Course
Name a song that brings back memories for you.  Summer of '69.  Believe it or not, Bryan Adams was at the beginning of his major popularity back when I was in high school and this song was popular when I was a senior.  It just seemed to spell out a lot of the anticipation and disappointment that I felt I was on the verge of, graduating from high school.


Dessert
Do you prefer to wash your hands in cold water or warm water? Warm water unless I'm really hot, in which case cold is very refreshing.


Friday Fun


1. If you could have a day free of responsibility, and money were no object, what are 5 things you would do for yourself?


Wow.  Just a day free of responsibility would be amazing.  Um, probably sleep in in a quiet hotel, have a room service breakfast and watch TV for a while.  I'd take a hot, leisurely shower, get dressed, and then what?  I don't know...I can't conceive of it.  Go to the bookstore?  Go to a fabulous yarn shop and buy awesome yarn?  D) all of the above?  Yes, something like that.  I'd have Chinese for lunch and Indian for dinner and enjoy the quiet.



2. If you won $5 million, what are 5 things you would do with it?


Wow.  After tithing and saving some for future needs, I'd probably buy a slightly bigger house (hey, maybe I'd build one!) on land and some animals.  Yes, I am a boring person.



3. If you had only $100 to spend, what five things would you buy?


1) a skein of Wollmeise


2) a new skirt


3) some Fudgsicles


4) a new cable needle (mine's AWOL)


5)  a pint of black raspberry chocolate chunk ice cream



4. Name 5 books you would recommend to me!


The Bible


I Will Plant You A Lilac Bush


...And Women of the Club


Now You See Me


The Passionate Vegetarian



5. What are 5 things you wish you knew how to do?


Be nice to myself


Have self-control


Contain my anger


Manage my household


Read Hebrew and Greek



6. Name 5 things you love about yourself.


I am very loyal.


I can cook quite well.


I like helping people.


I have a curiosity about things that compels me to learn.


I appreciate when things are wonderful.


Friday Five


1. At the end of today, do you think you'll feel spent or refreshed?  Exhausted comes to mind.

2. Do you like back rubs?  Sometimes.

3. When did you last mislead someone?  I can't remember having done that in recent times.  I probably have but I can't remember it.

4. What color are your eyes?  Brown-green hazel, just like my brother's.

5. Friday fill-in:
Lastly, let me know this has been a lot of fun!  Thanks for the questions today! 


Friday Fill-In


1. I see dirt on this computer screen.
2. I hear the twins playing in the next room.
3. I touch the homemade wrist positioner next to my keyboard.
4. I taste hazelnut coffee.
5. I smell hazelnut coffee.
6. I sense that I don't have much more time before the twins are up to more mischief requiring my presence.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching movies, tomorrow my plans include knitting and grading and planning and Sunday, I want to sleep!


TGIF


1. What is the silliest thing you own?  The children?  Oh, I guess I don't own them.  A dollar-store crown and septer for my birthday.
2. What is the most important thing you own?  My Bible
3. What is the one thing you'd like to possess if money were no object?  a bigger house on some land out in the country
4. What is the one thing in your possession that you want to get rid of?  The Goodwill stack I've got going in my bedroom.
5. What item do you have the most of in your possession?   Books, followed closely by fabric and then spices (and no, yarn and children aren't even on the list!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great answers? Great soup by the way! Hahah1