1. You have to understand that I've been quilting for 14 years and knitting is a new thing for me. I think I may have been knitting a month now...woohoo!
2. I'm sure this is very good for my brain. Why am I sure of this? Because I have to concentrate so hard on what I'm doing in order to catch my mistakes before they get out of hand.
3. After finishing (yay!) two projects (yes, they were dishcloths but they're finished), I decided to branch out into a scarf. Unfortunately, I chose a difficult yarn and really raspy needles to work with. It's becoming a pain.
4. I did start another dishcloth today as well. I think I may have a dishcloth fetish.
5. Did you note that I now have two projects "on the needles"?
6. One of the reasons that I wanted to learn to knit is that I thought it was a dying art. Little did I know that by the time I learned to do it, movie stars would be taking it up.
7. I'm very proud of myself for sometimes being able to figure out how to fix my messed-up knitting when my son has grabbed it and made a run for it, thus discombobulating the whole thing.
8. I am not very proud that I still don't know what frogging is.
9. It's a little frustrating (ok, a lot frustrating) to be beginning a new craft when I have some facility at another. I am probably a good intermediate quilter. I can figure out patterns on my own and I (and my family) are extremely conversant in the ways of quilting. I'm wandering around lost in the forest of knitting. And that frustrates me.
10. It occured to me today that this might be God's sneaky way of teaching me patience.
11. Or teaching me to be in the moment.
12. Because He knows that I no longer pray for him to help me with my patience.
13. (The last time I did that, he gave me toddler twins!)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants