Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Days Are Just Packed

My entire body hurts from head to toe, so this may end up being abbreviated, I don't know. I'm having trouble holding my head up straight.

So we'll start with Friday, where everything that could go wrong, did. I was so aggravated by the end of the day that I just didn't know what to do with myself. I'll leave it at that.

Saturday dawned bright, sunny, and humid. I dispatched some weeds in the vegetable garden early in the morning, then Rachel and I proceeded to take tea at Miss Annabelle's Tea Parlor. I've been here before, with a group of ladies from our congregation and I thought Rachel would enjoy it. I think she did, after she got over the intimidation of being in such a dainty place.



The tea parlor is in an old building (site of the first woman-owned hardware store in the U.S.) in Historic Loveland. It's a pretty little walk down there and those who are inclined to ride bicycles often find themselves riding right through as there is a popular bike trail that goes right through the town.

Upon entering the parlor, you are encouraged to select a hat from the wall. Of course, you can choose to go without, but part of the fun for me is finding a hat to fit my giant head. This was the one I found. I adored the netting but had to pull it up when we were taking tea.



Rachel chose a lovely black one that framed her face beautifully. It also had a fluffy feather, which was fun.



The tea was wonderful (but I think now that we should have ordered iced tea instead of hot...it was already hot enough outside). The food was just scrummy, and we had a great time talking and goofing off.










Blue crab sandwiches. Rachel liked them very much.



This would be one of the walls in the restroom. Yes, I take pictures of restrooms...you got a problem with that?



Rachel put on another hat when we were out looking at the teaware. I liked this one even better with what she was wearing.



After we left the tea house, we walked a very little bit in Historic Loveland but we had to make haste to buy Webkinz for Rachel had money burning a hole in her very purse. It was a satisfying day and almost made up for how hideous Friday was.



Today we had company for lunch, which was a nice change of pace. We scooted the children out to play in the pool so we could have adult conversation without interruptions. Ha! Where there are children, there are interruptions. David came in to use the bathroom 3 times. The last time, I failed to mop up the pool water that he dripped in the kitchen, which was a big mistake. Zidy came to the door and wanted in and as I was hurrying to let her in, I slipped on the puddle and slid across the kitchen floor. I landed on my rear and right hand, then fell onto my back. I had also attempted to bring my right foot, which was behind me, up to the front but ended up dragging it along the lino when I did. As I watched, it blossomed nicely into a big red pressure burn (complete with blister) on the joint right under my right big toe. So my head, neck, back, right arm, and right foot are not happy with me right now. Miss Grace I am not. I'm about to take some good zonking drugs and go to bed, praying that it is all better by the morning. You pray too, ok?

This will be a big week for us. Some of my brother's children will be coming up to spend a few days with us. We love spending time with the cousins! Then my brother and sister-in-law plan to come up on Friday night, then go to the Creation Museum with us Saturday before they head home. It'll be nice to see Robert again, as I haven't seen him since 2 Thanksgivings ago? Could that be right? I guess so. Anyway, I hope he can come up but if he can't, we'll do our best to make Amber's brief visit a pleasant one.

Sarah also has a big event happening this week which I'll let her announce when it happens (or whenever she chooses to).

So I don't know how much time I'll have online this week or if I'll even be able to crip downstairs with my clumsy self. But I leave you with this picture of a yummy yummy cake I made for dessert today, from Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke. This is the Scandinavian Almond Cake and it is wonderful. It didn't survive the day, that's how good it is.



Now y'all have a good week and be safe!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You find the best places around town. I absolutely must do this with Daughter!

msta62 said...

Sorry you had such a bummer of a Friday, but I just loved the part where you and Rachel are having tea. Looks like a lovely place to spend a couple of hours. You both looked absolutely stunning with those hats on!! Wishing you the best of weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel looks lovely in her hat, the picture of femininity. I love having high tea. I think it is a lost art.