Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Musings

Not much exciting going on around here today:  laundry, school (with my reluctant scholars), no mail (which makes me sad), and lots of phone calls (which probably will be for naught because it's Columbus Day---maybe I won't do that).  And the guy is here to lay the gas line which was to have been laid months ago when they put in our furnace.  When they did that, back sometime when it was hot outside, they said something about getting the gas turned on immediately.  I said, "I don't really think we'll need the furnace any time soon."  Well, now it's October and presumably we will be needing it soon.  They have the gas line hooked up to the furnace but the final inspections haven't been done (they're supposed to notify the county) and they never ran the gas line up to the kitchen.  So anyway, I'm waiting for that.

Last night our church ladies got together and watched Becoming Jane.  I enjoyed the movie and didn't think it as depressing as some of the younger ladies (ie teenagers) did.  Anne Hathaway is one of the more lovely actresses to come down the pike in some time.  You know you're getting old when you say things like that.

I mentioned on Friday how much I am enjoying using Friend Gina's swift...I'm not sure how much I mentioned I like it.  It's made of wood and very prettily made.  It works without a sound and makes the work of rolling balls of yarn so much easier.  I think I'll look around for other random skeins so as to enjoy it even further.

I swatched for the sweater I'm starting for Friend Husband and gauge seems to be good so I should be able to cast on today or tomorrow.  I love the yarn...I wonder at what point I won't like it anymore.    Sweaters are such big projects. 

Finished ...And Ladies of the Club again this morning.  I just love that book, it's so epic.  I'm thinking about doing a fan fiction sequel to it for NaNo this year.  I really don't know what to do.  I have three or four ideas bubbling about in my head and none of them are really recommending themselves with force.  I do like the idea of the epic historical fiction and that's sort of what I started last year with my pseudo-family history.  Friend Husband thinks I should do more of that and perhaps I should.  It would be easier, in a way, than trying to recreate Waynesboro, OH and the Woman's Club of Waynesboro, neither of which I really have much experience with.  Oh well, I'll figure it out somehow.  Is anyone else doing NaNo this year?

I can't think because David is standing right here prattling on about his baby crib, his baby toys, and the Power Rangers.  I don't think I'll ever have an active brain again.  Ta-ta, and have a lovely day!

No comments: