Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's going to be a long day

Remember those old McDonald's commercials? The ones with the slogan, "It's going to be a great day!" Substitute "long" for "great" and you have it. I've been up since 3:30. It's about time for everyone else in the house to be awake, yippee. I have a million and one things to do today (in-laws are coming in tonight, late, among other things) and I really really need a nap. Why does my brain/body torture me by waking me up so stinking early?

What has been going on? Let's see...trying to get the house ready for Doug's dad & Rhea. Which it will never be, I'm convinced. Schooling, prodding recalcitrant children to do schoolwork, taking said recalcitrant children to appointments, yada yada yada. Life is happening.

The weather is on the cusp of beautiful. I'm having fun scrapping for Sarah's yearbook. I'm getting closer to being finished with Keziah's quilt. I have enough energy to make it to bedtime, most days. Life is truly good. Thank you, Father!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yes, life is truly good. Glad you were able to see that despite the fatigue. And recalcitrant is a good word. :)